The Association knows it is over, however was very pleased that Secretary John Riddell was invited to talk on the history of the Massey Birdwood Settlers Association and provide other interesting titbits on the area, by the Massey Library on the 6th October.
The Association loaned the Library the plague, which normally graces a wall in the Den, commemorating the opening of the Massey Library in our hall in 1979, by then MP for the area Dial Jones.
Other interesting information loaned to the Library was the incorporation certificate signed in 1925, with names like Spargo (Saprgo road and park in Massey East) and Luckens (Luckens road) featured on the certificate. Another interesting piece of information loaned to the library is an original map of the Massey area drawn in 1917.
Both the above items are framed and grace the walls of the “Den” along with a photo of Don Buck and a number of certificates awarded to the Association.