The following is a message from the Henderson Massey Local Board with respect to changes to Bus routes and timetables. They invite you to contact them should you wish to provide feedback on the proposed changes.
Auckland Transport is currently undertaking consultation on a new bus network for West Auckland. Routes will be simpler, therefore easier to understand, and buses will come more often on most routes. However there will be some trade-offs, with some less-used routes being dropped and the removal of most express bus services to central Auckland.
- All day service – 7am to 7pm, 7 days a week.
- More regular and reliable bus services because of shorter more direct routes.
- Major roads, like Lincoln Road and Great North Road will have better bus services.
- A more direct and frequent bus to the North Shore and an all-day bus service from Westgate to the city along the North-western motorway.
- Frequent bus services to Auckland Zoo, Motat, Unitec, Waitakere Hospital and local shopping centres.
- Frequent bus services running at least every 15 minutes throughout the day along Great North Rd, connecting Henderson and New Lynn and New Lynn to the city.
- A new bus route serving The Trusts Arena in Henderson and a new service for the Rosebank Business District.
- Massey will have increased bus services and more local buses around Ranui and more buses to Hobsonville Point Ferry Terminal.
- Transferring between services – while transfers may not be desirable, they are essential to both frequency and simplicity. By the time these changes are made, Auckland will have integrated zonal fare system which will make connecting between services easier. Also new timetables will be developed with an emphasis on improved co-ordination with trains and other local bus services.
- A simpler bus network with more frequent and regular services will result in an easy-to-understand network, however some people may have to walk further to a bus stop.
Overall, buses will be more regular, reliable and run more often during the day.
Feedback on the New Network for West Auckland is open until 1 December 2014.
We recommend that you find more information on routes that might affect you and have your say on Auckland Transport’s consultation website https://at.govt.nz/NewNetwork. Or you can call on (09) 366 6400 or freecall 0800 10 30 80.
In addition there are a number of local events where you can find out more and to speak to an Auckland Transport representative:
Sunday 9 November, 7.30am – noon, Te Atatu Peninsula Markets.
Sunday 9 November, 7am – 1pm, Trust Arena Markets.
Saturday 15 November, 12.30pm – 9pm, Glen Eden Christmas parade.
Tuesday 18 November, 2.30pm – 6pm, Westgate Bus Interchange.
Friday 21 November, 5.30pm – 11pm, Henderson Night Markets.
Sunday 23 November, 9am – 1pm, Hobsonville Point Markets.
Wednesday 26 November, 2pm – 5pm, Kumeu Library.
If you use public transport I urge you to get along and find out how the changes may affect you.
Your feedback is important and I hope you take this opportunity to influence the future design of your local bus services.